At Terumo, they enhance lifesaving medical technologies for the benefit of society. Are you eager to contribute to people’s health and patients’ wellbeing? They’ll challenge you to become a master in your field of expertise. You can invest your talents in balance with your personal aspirations – live and work in harmony. Built on their Japanese origins; they are driven by respect, ownership and continuous improvement. It is at the heart of everything they do. This is how they make a difference in the lives of patients, customers and associates.
The Purchasing & Procurement department, operating from the EMEA HQ in Leuven, Belgium, provides support to all departments, plants, branches and BU’s across the EMEA region for the purchase of products and services from 3rd party suppliers.
As Purchasing and Procurement manager you lead a team that consists of Strategic Buyers (Source to contract), Operational Buyers (Procure to Pay) and two Supplier Development specialists. You will provide vision and leadership to this newly set up procurement organization and Partner with the CFO and business leaders to align the procurement goals with the business objectives. Your scope if EMEA, and you will report to our CFO.
Vision and Strategy
- You develop and ensure the implementation of the Purchase and Procurement vision and strategy in EMEA, to optimize the purchasing, to reduce procurement expenses and to acquire the most cost-effective deals by negotiation with the suppliers and vendors
- You contribute to the overall business strategy to obtain significant cost savings on consumables, equipment(s), investment and services for TEMEA with increasing level of quality on product or service and lower delivery time
Organizational development and change management
- You optimize and support the change processes within the organization, through active participation in key projects
- You ensure adequate use of change management practices with support of the PMO and/or Talent solutions team when needed
Developing P&P team and Self-development
- You empower associates to feel ownership over their careers and feel connected to resources to help them learn and grow
- You manage and develop your team, achieve results through people and lead by example. Including setting clear priorities and evaluating performance against these priorities
- In addition, you stay well-informed on market trends. Gains insight into industry best practices and procedures as well as benchmark best practices for category management
- Furthermore, you Build / optimize / participate to formal and informal networks with internal & external stakeholders to best position Terumo and co-build our employer brand
- Demonstrate the 5 Core Values in all aspects of position responsibilities
Purchase and Procurement Management
- You are the ambassador of the Procurement department, bringing them closer to the business and enable a smooth collaboration. You are actively involved in the most strategic project. Together with your team, you conduct research to determine the best products and suppliers in terms of quality, value and delivery schedule. On a strategic level you provide forecasts regarding price and procurement trends and anticipate impact on company
- Negotiate and agree contracts with strategic suppliers and monitoring their progress, checking deliveries. You participate actively to the annual budget proces.
- In addition, you track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness. You make sure there is a risk assessment procedure in place for supply contracts and agreements. Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- You have several years of relevant international experience within Purchasing and Procurement leading both sourcing and operational scope. You can look back at minimum 5 years of people management and you get energy out of coaching and developing team members
- You have strong analytical skills to perform overall spend analysis, PO/invoice analysis and ability to work with data
- Thanks to your strong communication and negotiating skills, you set up winning collaborations with internal and external stakeholders
- You are a team player, working closely with your own P&P team and your peers in the management team
- You set ambitious goals but can be patient, setting the right milestones with continuous improvement in mind. You can overcome resistance and are able to work under pressure
- You have a high energy, drive and a passion to win
- You are fluent in English, and can speak Ducth as well
- Working for Terumo means contributing to society through healthcare
- They offer a job with real impact on an EMEA level, managing a newly formed P&P team, with both experienced and new team members
- You will be coached by their CFO and be part of the Finance, Procurement and IT organisation of Terumo EMEA
- They offer a competitive salary, an incentive system based on personal quantitative and qualitative results, a company car and other benefits
Please send your application and/or CV to Annemie Schuermans: email@example.com (+32 471 42 63 23)
Download vacancy here