Their procurement team is evolving into a high-impact procurement organisation that develops as a strategic partner for the business. In this evolving context, they are recruiting a Lead Buyers ICT who will help realise this transformation for both, domestic and global needs. You will report to the Cluster Manager ICT and be responsible for the strategic procurement activities in this category.
You will provide guidance, tactical support and strategic advice to the entire organisation on matters related to ICT procurement. You will use market knowledge and Strategic Sourcing strategies when contracting suppliers. You comply with the Public Procurement Legislation and internal rules and procedures related to procurement. You negotiate and conclude these contracts by using the techniques of Strategic Sourcing in accordance with the Category Plans prepared by the Category Managers.
Within the scope of ICT are various domains of bpost: Outsourcing Services, Software & Applications, Telecom Services, Client Devices and Cloud hyperscalers & Infrastructure Services. You manage procurement projects of various sizes within the Category in cooperation with a cross functional team.
- You work around the implementation of all aspects of the category strategy including setting up a strategic planning, a sourcing roadmap and exercising stakeholder management for projects you are assigned on
- You perform strategic sourcing for your (sub)categories with a focus on TCO optimisation and a deep understanding of the needs of the internal customers and bpost targets
- You are responsible for the implementation, management and optimisation of framework agreements and the execution of spot buys
- You maintain supplier relationships for the realisation of TCO optimisation including the implementation of improvement plans of the supplier performance
Public Procurement Law
You coordinate with your Cluster Manager to ensure that the implementation of your purchase is done in the most efficient way and in accordance with the Public Procurement Act as well as internal processes
Supplier and customer relations
You advise, challenge and support the internal customer in defining their needs, drawing up the budget and planning their procurement project. You communicate fluently and proactively with the internal customer regarding all information they need in that context (Stakeholder management). You maintain relationships with suppliers, prospect the market and evaluate existing suppliers in order to identify new opportunities for bpost within your procurement domain
In your role of ICT Lead Buyer, you are clearly a dynamic team player who combines a solid procurement expertise with strong interpersonal skills
- At least 5 years of experience in tactical & strategic public procurement or a related role in a large company
- Experience, ability and eagerness to co-write public tenders
- Motivated to drive transformation in a dynamic environment
- Collaborative to a broad extent and goal-oriented mentality
- Thorough knowledge of procurement and negotiation techniques: supplier sourcing, supplier negotiations, supplier selection, supplier management and development …
- Expertise in ICT and awareness of industry trends and best practices in at least two of the following domains;
- Software & Applications : SaaS & software licenses as well as T&C’s
- Infrastructure Services : data centre & hosting services, networking and server & storage
- Telecom : fixed (cloud solutions) & mobile voice & data, LAN, Wi-Fi, leased lines and WAN connectivity
- Outsourcing Partners & Services : application implementation, management & aftercare
- Client Devices : printing & copy, scanning, small IT and workforce IT devices
- Familiar with the Strategic Sourcing approach: TCO mindset, opportunity identification, quantitative analysis, stakeholder management …
- Preferably in-depth knowledge of public procurement law
- Knowledge of ERP and reporting techniques (Oracle, Business Objects)
- Thorough knowledge of English and Dutch or French
- Flexible to work on other procurement commodities as and when required
A job like no other, with challenges in a unique environment in full motion, with growth opportunities and an attractive salary package.
Please send your application and/or CV to Annemie Schuermans: email@example.com (+32 471 42 63 23)
Download vacancy here