The growing demand for healthy, safe and sustainable food has increasingly imposed restrictions on agricultural practices. Therefore, improving food production efficiency in a sustainable way, while safeguarding the environment and its natural resources, is essential.
At Biotalys they have the ambition to transform food protection, shaping the future of sustainable and safe food supply. They are a rapidly growing and transformative food and crop protection company developing a new generation of protein-based biocontrol solutions.
Based on their ground-breaking technology platform, they have developed a broad pipeline of effective and safe products with novel modes of action, addressing key crop pests and diseases across the whole value chain, from soil to plate. Their products combine the high-performance characteristics of chemicals with the clean safety profile of biologicals, making them ideal crop protection agents for both pre- and post-harvest applications.
Their headquarters are located in the vibrant biotech cluster in Ghent, Belgium, and their US subsidiary is based in Durham, North Carolina. More information can be found on www.biotalys.com.
To strengthen their valuable team of dedicated employees in Belgium, Biotalys is looking for a Procurement & Facility Manager.
- As Procurement Manager, you are responsible for strategic, tactical and operational purchasing
- You are responsible for further implementation of purchasing policy in close contact with various internal customers
- You further develop department’s policy to ensure a customer-oriented, qualitative, pro-active, market-oriented service
- You organize, coordinate and monitor the central procurement of goods and services in order to have the necessary goods and services available on a continuous basis and to obtain the best possible conditions in terms of price, quality and delivery time
- You monitor the service quality of your departments
- As head the team, you manage 4 staff members (purchasing, facilities, warehouse and reception)
- You are responsible for the organization of the warehouse
- As Facility manager you are responsible for managing the building, follow-up on the performance and objectives, solving minor technical problems together with the team
- You conclude and monitor facility contracts, such as cleaning, surveillance, pest control, waste, security etc.
- You liaise with the landlord and maintain contacts with other tenants
- You are also responsible for managing the fleet of the company cars
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent through experience
- Excellent analytical, commercial and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Enthusiastic, empathic, pragmatic and respectful work attitude
- Hands-on and entrepreneurial mindset
- Natural talent in planning and organizing, leading and following up projects
- Demonstrated customer-oriented dealing with internal and external customers
- Good communication skills in English, both written and oral
- Fluent with MS office applications. Knowledge of Microsoft Business Central and Proactis is a plus
- Knowledge of the Health and Safety regulation (Basic) is a plus
Teamwork, innovation, passion, well-being and accountability are the Biotalys’ values that guide their business and that they prize when they recruit new talent and reward their employees. They strive to create an exciting and dynamic working environment in which you will be challenged to take initiative, contributing to the success of the company. You will work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team of top innovators in the AgFood Biotech industry who will support you to further develop and grow your personal skills. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send your application and/or CV to Annemie Schuermans: email@example.com (+32 471 42 63 23)
Download vacancy here