At Biscuits Delacre we take pride in making irresistible Belgian fine biscuits available in over 40 varieties of original recipes and sold in more than 15 countries in the world. The story of Delacre starts with our founder Charles Delacre, who opened his first shop in the very heart of Brussels in 1873. A pioneer in crafting new delicacies, he combined expertise in the century-old European pastry art with the authentic and delicious Belgian Chocolate.
Inspired by the enthusiasm and passion of more than 500 professionals, today Delacre is market leader within assorted fine biscuits. Every year more than 1.5 billions biscuits are sold to inspire thousands of consumers to enjoy special moments together.
Our passion for quality and craftsmanship led to the opening in 2009 of a Boutique situated in the center of Brussels, where biscuit lovers from all over the world can taste original Delacre biscuits freshly baked everyday by our home chef-biscuitier.
Biscuits Delacre is a leading branded biscuits business producing some of the famous and loved Belgian fine biscuits. The history of this premium brand dates back to 125 years ago. Delacre has 2 production sites located in Nieppe (France) and Lambermont (Belgium) and a HQ in Watermaal-Bosvoorde. The range includes favorites such as Tea Time Assortments, Délichoc, Cigarettes Russes, Biarritz, Marquisettes, … The core markets are France and Belgium, and Delacre is also increasingly present in international businesses, with a growing numbers of consumers in Germany, Northern America, Canada and developing others geographies.
- The Procurement Manager is responsible for all categories (directs, indirect and capex) and focuses on reducing purchasing cost, increasing procurement agility, improving supplier quality & delivery performance, develop supplier relationship management, reducing supply risk, enabling innovation and strengthen the CSR-agenda
- He / She works in close collaboration with Delacre planning, technical, NPD manufacturing, logistics teams as well as with “Group” sourcing and procurement departments. He / She develops stakeholder management with Delacre Factory General Managers, S&OP Controllers, Technical Managers, NPD Managers… to ensure procurement alignment with business objectives
- The Procurement Manager Delacre ensures the integration of the specific Delacre requirements within “Group” Procurement Strategy and leverages this strategy to contribute to an optimized approach for Delacre of “Group” sourcing, strengthening Delacre’s Supplier Relationship Management
- Scope: Categories Ingredients ( flower, chocolate,… ) spent 25 mio€, Packaging (tins, trays, carton,…) spent 15 mio€, Indirects ( Logistics, FM, MRO,…) spent 12 mio€. 2 factories, outsourced logistics & co-packing activities
- The Procurement Manager is accountable for generating significant purchasing savings year over year while driving continuous improvement and compliance with all sourcing, supply chain and quality practices and policies
- Monitors and analyses Delacre spent profiles. Identifies demand drivers and reviews stakeholders requirements, issues and risks
- Develops in-sync with “Group Procurement” insights in categories Ingredients (flower, chocolate, flavours…), Packaging (tins, trays, folding boxes, cartons…), Indirects and Capex. Responsible to perform supplier assessments as required, identifying supplier opportunities
- Accountable to negotiate best purchasing price integrating total cost of ownership, service requirements, compliance and quality specifications. Drives appropriate procurement methodology ( tendering, e-sourcing,…) and engages Continuous Improvement and/or Supplier Relationship Management programs with selected strategic suppliers
- Responsible for compliant, cost effective and efficient Purchase-to-Pay process within Delacre: responsible to ensure contract management, to lead purchasing admin processes, to follow product development at suppliers
- Ensures supplier performances & quality follow-up, driving KPI reporting and corrective actions plans as well as supplier evaluation, incl. supplier negotiation in case of claims
- Facilitates periodic, quarterly reforecast and budget purchasing planning process. Hereby validates S&OP reviewed product design and MRP inputs to the process, obtains suppliers’ confirmation of feasible supply plan to ensure service of delivery. Accountable for savings tracking and reporting
- Develops the Delacre procurement activities and organisation, rendering best practice transactional buying processes, strengthening knowledge based buying and driving the integrated procurement approach.
- Manages the Indirects Buying and Procurement Support team. Develops the team and improves procurement management tools
- Builds a solid network with ‘Group Procurement’ to drive World Class into Delacre procurement activities and supports R&D and technical via supplier management for specification of new ingredients and packaging introductions
- Master degree with Proven track record in purchasing ( 5-10 years ) in an FMCG food packed goods environment
- Knowledgeable about food ingredients & packaging purchasing
- Solid experience in procurement negotiation, project management, sourcing and cost analysis processes
- Procurement process development and implementation skills
- Knowledgeable about supplier relationship management processes
- Experienced in stakeholder management
- Strong communication skills
- IS: Knowledge of ERP Procure-to-Pay and Sourcing processes and systems
- Languages fluent spoken & written: English, French, Dutch
Please send your application and/or CV to Annemie Schuermans: firstname.lastname@example.org (+32 471 42 63 23)
Download vacancy here
PROGRESSIO is a registered Senior & Executive Search Agency: Flanders (VG. 1800/B) and Brussels (B-AB11.001)