- Are you passionate about Financial Crime with an eagle eye for detail? Do you love interpreting regulatory and legislative requirements to establish policies and procedures that protect them and their customers?
- If you would like to work in an environment, where you will have impact, ‘fight the good fight’ and grow whilst doing something genuinely important for their company, their industry and society at large, then they may have a role for you!
- You’ll work with Euroclear colleagues in departments across their business on a daily basis providing expert guidance on a broad range of topics. You’ll work on projects with the wider Financial Crime team that will help refresh and calibrate how they respond to new legislation and regulations in their different locations.
- Their team is part of the Compliance & Ethics department responsible for providing advice on Financial Crime issues for the Euroclear Group. Compliance & Ethics is an integral part of the ‘Three Lines’, helping to protect the integrity and enhance the reputation of Euroclear in its key role in the global financial markets. Their team consists of Financial Crime Subject Matter Experts with excellent compliance and regulatory experience and expertise.
As a Regulatory Advisor you will providing advice to senior management and the different lines of business across the Euroclear Group on the concrete application of the Sanctions, AML & CTF laws, regulations, standards and market practices. You will also be responsible for embedding financial crime policies into the various entities of the Euroclear Group.
They are ideally looking for a candidate with a strong expertise in Sanctions who can also work in the AML/CTF domain.
- Provide advice on EU, US, UK and UN sanctions requirements to a wide range of stakeholders
- Develop and maintain knowledge of ever-changing sanctions landscape and assess the applicability and impact of new regulatory requirements
- Design and maintain sanctions compliance policies and procedures
- Maintain a detailed knowledge and understanding of the sanctions control framework to ensure it remains up to date
- Take the lead on and/or contribute towards anti-financial crime training and awareness program
- Assist in keeping the AML/KYC framework up to date
- Assist in overseeing the anti-money laundering monitoring programme (e.g., assessing client due diligence for risk factors, transaction monitoring & sanctions screening)
- Assist the Compliance Officers in the definition and delivery of their annual plan including preparation of the annual reports
- Sound knowledge of sanctions with in-depth understanding of EU, US, UK and UN sanctions laws
- Experience (minimum 5 years) in the interpretation of sanctions laws and regulations and providing advice on the effect of sanctions regimes in the financial services sector
- Experience in preparing and drafting sanctions policies & procedures
- Experience in investigating customers and/or transactions for potential sanctions breaches
- Knowledge of AML/CTF with previous experience in interpreting, advising on or monitoring AML/CTF compliance in the financial services sector or in a management consulting firm
- Educated to Master’s degree level or equivalent qualification/relevant work experience, a degree in Law is preferred
- Ability to create and maintain working relationships across business areas and present information and recommendations at senior management forums
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English – ability to analyse and summarise
- Strategic & Commercial awareness – develop and apply commercial awareness and business acumen in day to day and longer-term tasks
- Team player, organised and effective
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deliverables
- Experience in regulatory implementation, cross-department& cross-location work
- Securities sector knowledge and/or experience is a plus
A job like no other, with challenges in a unique environment in full motion, with growth opportunities and an attractive salary package.
Please send your application and/or CV to Annemie Schuermans: firstname.lastname@example.org (+32 471 42 63 23)
Download vacancy here